The users who are searching for the ways to upgrade the firmware on TP Link WiFi router are on the right platform. In this guide, we have provided the steps through which the user can easily upgrade the firmware. Moreover, upgrading the firmware results in resolving many glitches. Thus, after every update latest features get added, and the router’s performance gets improved.
Updating the router’s firmware results in improving the connectivity and also keeps the router safe and secure. Therefore, all users are suggested to upgrade the TP Link WiFi Router when required. Several Wi-Fi routers are available in the market today, and the process of upgrading the router is similar. But, still, there might be some users who fail to update their router. So, for them, we’ve here mentioned the steps to upgrade the TP Link WiFi Router.
Some routers have the capability to get updated automatically, while for some routers, the user will have to upgrade the firmware manually. Thus, updating the router firmware is not a tricky task, but still, some users encounter an issue while updating the firmware. Therefore, the users don’t have to worry because, through the step-by-step procedure, it would get easy for all users to upgrade the firmware.
What does a Router Firmware means?
Router firmware is a software that is embedded inside the router. It offers network protocol, security, and administrative controls. Therefore, updating the firmware helps the router perform better and also repairs the bugs. In addition to this, it also supports faster internet speed.
Consider the following things before upgrading the firmware on the TP link WiFi router
It is necessary for all users to consider the following things before upgrading the firmware on the TP Link Wi-Fi router. So, thorough check out the details provided below.
- Have a stable internet connection between the router and the system.
- Backup the TP Link WiFi router before upgrading the firmware.
- The users are recommended not to turn OFF the router.
Procedure to upgrade Firmware on TP Link Wi-Fi Router
There are two primary reasons behind updating the firmware, i.e., performance and security. Therefore, to keep the network secure, reliable, and fast apply the following steps to upgrade the firmware.
Before upgrading the TP Link WiFi Router, users are suggested to check the model and hardware version of the router. The model number and the hardware version is mentioned at the backside of the device. In addition to this, connect the system to the router via Ethernet cable for a safe and secure connection. Once the user is done with this, proceed with the steps to upgrade TP Link Wi-Fi Router.
- Open the web browser and type www.tp-link.com in the search bar.
- After this, the official website will open on the screen.
- Now under the “Support” option, tap on the “Download Center” button.
- Thereafter, the user will have to choose the router type and then write the model number of the TP Link Wi-Fi Router.
- Then, tap on the router’s model number, and from there, click on the “Firmware” option.
- Now, to get the latest version of the firmware, check for the “Publish Date.”
- Then, the users are suggested to check for the name of the firmware that has to be downloaded.
- Note: Ensure that the model name, version, and region match the label printed on the router.
- Now, to download the file on the system, click on the firmware name.
- After this, to access the login page of tp-link, type “192.168.1.1”, “192.168.0.1” or “http://tplinkwifi.net” in the web browser.
- Now enter the credentials, i.e., “username” and the “password,” and click on the “TP Link router login” option.
- Then tap on “Advanced” > “System Tools” > “Firmware upgrade”.
- Now carefully check the “Device Information” section.
- Thereafter, open the “Local Upgrade” section and tap on the “Browse” option to search for the newly downloaded firmware file.
Then click on the “Upgrade” option and wait for some time to get the upgrading and rebooting process to get completely done.
So after applying all these steps, it would get easy for all users to update the firmware on the TP Link WiFi router. The users will have to make sure that incorrect firmware will damage the router. So ensure to download the right firmware for the TP Link WiFi router. If any user is unable to upgrade the firmware, they should commune with the experts for assistance.