TP-Link is a Chinese-based manufacturer of computer networking products, including wireless routers, cable modems, range extenders, and a lot more. Founded in 1996, today it’s become one of the most prominent and global providers of networking devices. As the connected lifestyle continues to develop, TP-link also expanded to provide its users with the products to meet all of their networking-related requirements. For all the users who struggle with a slow internet connection and dead spots in their home or office, TP-Link provides range extenders.
The TP-Link repeater is one of the most reliable extenders known for giving strength to the user’s router. Therefore, if you also struggle with unstable Wi-Fi network connection, TP-Link Repeater is the best solution for you. However, to provide you with a more convenient experience with your extender, we will give the stepwise procedure for TP Link Extender Setup via tplinkrepeater.net. Along with this, we have also discussed the login and configuration procedure of the extender.
Steps to Log in to TP-Link Repeater:
Before we proceed with the setup, it is mandatory for all the users to log in to their TP-link repeater by visiting “tplinkrepeater.net.”Thus, all users are suggested to follow the below instructions carefully to log in to TP-link repeater:-
- First of all, all the users are suggested to open the Safari web browser on their PC.
- Now, in the address bar, enter “tplinkrepeater.net” and press enter.
- After this, you will be redirected to the official login page.
- Here, enter the username and password.
- Note: both username and password will be “Admin” here.
- Now, you should click on the “Settings” button.
- After this, click on the “Advanced settings” button.
- Now, from the settings section, you can easily access different features.
- Hence, you have successfully logged into TP-Link Repeater.
Thus, by applying all the aforementioned steps, the users can easily log in to TP-Link Repeater.
Steps to Configure TP Link Repeater
Many users often find it difficult to configure their TP-Link Repeater. Thus, to help them out, we will give the entire configuration procedure in this section:-
- To configure the range extender, first make sure that you have the following information about its login- Lan IP, Passphrase, Encryption type, and SSID.
- Now, login to the range extender by following the above procedure.
- After this, select the network option and check whether the range extender IP Address is the same as the IP segment of the router.
- Note: you can change your IP address to “192.168.1.250” and then click on the “Save” option.
- After this, click on the Quick setup then the next button.
- Now choose the “Wireless” option.
- In the next step, choose the TP-Link Repeater as the operation mode and then click on the search option.
- Now, from the given list, find your router’s SSID and tap on it.
- After this, click on the “Connect” option and press the “Save” button.
- In the next step, you should click on the “Wireless” option and then select “Wireless Security.”
- Now, choose WPS-PSA/WPA-PSK and Encryption AES.
- In the end, tap on the “Save” option.
- Now, for the confirmation, click on the operations system Tools and Diagnostic.
- In the end, type the IP address of your router and then click on the start option.
Steps to Set Up the Device Manually with TPLinkRepeater
In this section of this write-up, we will provide the stepwise guidelines through which you can set up your TP-Link Repeater in a straightforward manner :-
- Firstly, connect your router and modem with the help of an Ethernet cable.
- Now. Plugin the TP Link Repeater to any power outlet near the router and the system.
- Connect the TP Link repeater to the computer with the help of an Ethernet cable.
- Now, open any of your preferred web browsers on your computer and enter “tplinkrepeater.net” in the address bar.
- Here select the “Quick Setup” option and then click on the “Next” button.
- In the next step, you’ll be asked to select your region and click on the “Next” option.
- After this, the TP Link Repeater will start scanning for wireless networks.
- Now, in the available networks list on your PC, choose your wireless network.
- After this, you will be prompted to type the password of your wireless network.
- If you want a single large wireless network, tap on the “Copy” option, or if you want to create a different network, tap on the “Customize” option.
- After this, you should select the “Next” option.
- Now, carefully review the network settings in the final window.
- In the end, if the settings are correct, click on the “Finish” option.
Hence, you have successfully set up your extender using “TPLinkRepeater.”
In this write-up, we have discussed the straightforward and step-by-step procedure to set up TP-Link Repeater via tplinkrepeater.net. In addition to this, we have also included the guidelines that all the users should follow to successfully configure and log in to the extender through the official website.